Monday 18 September 2017

Friday-Sunday - The Trip Home

I woke up to a smokey morning.  No surprise.  I left around 7:30am, leaving Al drinking his coffee and Ross, still in bed.  Al told me that Harold had left earlier with Jim and Cam.  Kent and Rene had also left at around 6:30.
Smoky morning on Wasco Street!
It didn't take long for Al to overtake me, and Brad and Blaine passed me a few minutes later.  I was letting the Seatrend board on the roof tell me what speed I should go - whenever I got going too fast, the board bag would start to make too much noise.

I got out of the smoke at about Spokane and had blue skies the rest of the way.  It was interesting watching the water bombers at Moyie Lake.  The whole community had been evacuated, so there was no activity on the lake at all except for the water bombers.  I watched four Air Tractors, and two CANADAIR CL215Ts landing on the lake to take on water for the fire.
If you are ever in Fort Macleod, this is an excellent place to eat!
I stopped at Fort Macleod for the night and then went to Keho in the morning for their kite festival. Unfortunately, there wasn't much wind, so there weren't a lot of people there.  I watched James barely make his 11 go, then Ryan took out his 12, then 14, then 17, and finally Jeff made it work with his 9m kite and foil kiteboard.  I obviously wasn't going to be able to do anything with my 12m.

The Keho Lake - Kite Ranch Camping Site.
Their Pulled  Pork BBQ had been postponed from Saturday to Sunday.  It would have been fun to attend, but I needed to get home, so after visiting with friends Kirk and Barb in Nobleford, I headed for home and arrived around 9:00.  You can check out the Keho activities on the Alberta Kite Crew Facebook page here.
There was a beautiful sunset just North of Stettler... I had to stop and take a photo.
Al texted me that he had made it home.  He was also impressed with the water bombers, and he had been treated to a great show by the Northern Lights just north of Calgary.
James at the Kite Ranch - also saw the Northern Lights.
I stole this photo from his facebook post.
Blaine and Brad also emailed some photos to me.  As usual, they stopped in Cour d'Alene for lunch at the Texas Road House - I think the photos tell the story.
Blaine had too much to eat!
Brad - Enjoying his steak!
Mike also emailed me.  He said that the fire has gotten closer to Hood River by Sunday, and that you can now see the fire line from the Hatchery. He got out on his 5.2 for a bit on the weekend.
Mikes photo of the fire line as seen from the Hatchery.
I woke up Sunday morning to a relatively warm day (15c in the afternoon) and some wind.  I couldn't resist and had to show Louise my new foil.  I had a good session on my 6.6 and Seatrend board with the Slingshot foil.  There were very few whitecaps - no way I would have been sailing without the foil.  It definately takes windsurfing to a new level.... sorry for the pun.....
Ted - foiling at home.

Getting a little close to shore....

That is a big fin...

Just a photo I found on my phone from the Mexican Night.
Alex with her $15 Bulldog Margarita...
(The next time we went it was $7, but had a smaller Corona bottle...)

1 comment:

  1. Ted. I really enjoy "The Blog"
    Thx for all the effort you put into it !!!

    ReplyDelete