Tuesday 5 September 2017

Smokey Travels


Well, it begins again.  Ross, of course, is already at his condo, as is Al, who arrived yesterday.

I think Mike is ahead of me or at least passing me as he is planning on sleeping in Kennewick tonight.

I drove as far as Coeur d'Alene, and have settled down in a Motel Six.

The drive was very smokey, starting around the Crowsnest Pass, with visibility at times down to less than a km.  Passing through Mara Lake area, the town had been evacuated with the roads barricaded and police stationed on the corners.  There were also active fire bombers working in the area.

When I crossed the bridge at Sandpoint, I could hardly see the shoreline.

I hear from Ross that the Interstate between Hood River and Portland is closed due to a fire in Cascade Locks and that the smoke is bad there as well.  Here is a link that Gerry sent about the fires.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXiMCau7fQU

It may be an interesting trip.  Let's hope the fires get under control and the smoke clears.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment